As a church we believe in making full and generous use of our facilities. We are pleased that you would consider scheduling your wedding at Chapel Hill Fellowship. Because, Chapel Hill considers the wedding ceremony to be a sacred event where the bride and groom pledge themselves to one another in the presence of God and begin to build a strong and rich Christian marriage. With this conviction in mind, pleased review these policies and guidelines for weddings held at Chapel Hill Fellowship. Reservations will be made on a first-request basis.
Guidelines for Scheduling Wedding
- You may discuss your wedding date of choice by contacting the Wedding Coordinator, Ann Smith at 682-5215. Weddings will be scheduled no earlier than 10:00 a.m. or later than 2:00 p.m. on Saturdays. Pictures must be taken prior to the Wedding due to Saturday evening Services at Chapel Hill.
- The Wedding Coordinator will tentatively place your wedding date on the master calendar.
- Available space may be viewed by appointment only.
- All weddings will require the approval of the Senior Pastor or Executive Pastor.
- Final Scheduling will be made upon receipt of applicable non-refundable deposit.
Scheduling of a Pastor
- Under most circumstances a member of Chapel Hill’s pastoral staff is generally available to officiate at weddings at Chapel Hill. However, if the bride or groom wishes to invite another clergy to officiate or assist, they may request the approval of the pastor at Chapel Hill, who will in turn extend the invitation to the guest clergy, as required by the United Methodist Church.
- Pre-marital Counseling is required before marriage at Chapel Hill Fellowship. A letter from the therapist is required to be given to the wedding coordinator no later than one week before the rehearsal.
- Holy Communion is an important sacrament in the United Methodist Church. In keeping with the United Methodist tradition of open communion, Chapel Hill requires that if communion is to be a part of the wedding ceremony, the entire congregation must be invited to participate. A member of the Chapel Hill pastoral staff must preside over this portion of the service.
- If the couple desires for the pastor and spouse to attend either the rehearsal dinner and/or receptions, please extend such an invitation to the pastor. Please be aware that the pastor’s schedule does not always accommodate attendance.
- A Chapel Hill Wedding Coordinator will direct, under the supervision of the Senior Pastor of Chapel Hill, all weddings held at Chapel Hill. The Wedding Coordinator will consult with the couple prior to the wedding and will be present at both the rehearsal and the wedding to coordinate service.
- Please make an appointment to meet with the Wedding Coordinator.
- The Wedding Coordinator will make sure all reserved rooms are available for use, and will be responsible for unlocking the building and securing the building for the rehearsal and wedding.
- The Wedding Coordinator will be responsible for directing the rehearsal in the event that the pastor is unable to attend.
- The fee for the Wedding Coordinator is included in the fees for building use.
- The Wedding Coordinator will collect all unpaid fees a week prior to the night of the rehearsal.
- The Marriage License should be brought to the rehearsal and given to the Wedding Coordinator.
- Musical selection, both instrumental and vocal, should express the praise, joy, and love of the marriage ceremony. In order to allow you to express your own individuality, the choice of music and performers is left to the discretion to the couple.
- The Director of Music and/or Church Accompanist may be consulted about the musical selections. Either one will also be glad to provide you with a list of musicians and/or vocalist that would be available. There may be a small fee for these services.
- The Grand Piano in Celebration Hall will be available at no additional charge.
- The Sound System is included in the fee structure for all weddings and must be operated by an approved Chapel Hill Sound Technician. It is also requested that any additional sound requirements for Video recording be coordinated with the Chapel Hill Sound Technician.
- Flowers, plants, and candelabras are permitted, however no flowers or candles are to be placed on the grand piano.
- All candles must be of the drip-less variety. The bride and groom will be responsible for any damage resulting from candle use. The wedding party may use the Candles on the Lord’s Table.
- Under no condition shall any decorations, ribbons, etc. be attached to walls or furnishings with pins, tacks, glue or nails.
- An Aisle cloth must be used if any flower petals will be placed on the floor during the ceremony.
- The use of birdseed or rice is not allowed unless biodegradable material is used.
Terms for Use of Facility
Code of Conduct. Tobacco products are prohibited in any Chapel Hill facility or vehicle. No alcoholic beverages are allowed on Chapel Hill property. Children or Youth may not use the building and grounds unless they have adequate adult supervision. No pets are allowed in Chapel Hill facilities. As a church-wide policy of Chapel Hill, no child or group of children must ever be left alone at an event or in the church facility without a minimum of two adult supervisor’s being present.
Planned activities. All activities must be in compliance with the City of Wichita ordinances; they must be non-hazardous to persons or property. All items associated with the event should be removed immediately following the event.
Leave Chapel Hill as you found it. Each room must be “returned to readiness”. The user is responsible to ensure that the room is returned to the standard setup for that room. Please make a mental inventory upon arrival of each room you intend to use.
All supplies must be furnished by the user. Chapel Hill supplies (paper plates, silverware, food, tablecloths, etc.) are not available to the user without supervised used of the kitchen and the cost of supplies and supervision.
Please be considerate of our neighbors. Chapel Hill is located in a residential area. Guests are asked to be quiet when outside, particularly from sunset to sunrise.
Respect the facility. God has blessed us with a wonderful facility. Guests are reminded to have fun, but not at the expense of other people or other things. Be good to one another and the facility. The user will be held responsible for any damage done to church property and assumes liability for injuries to persons attending the events as well as damages or loss of user’s property.
Windows, Grass, and Furniture. Please be sure to shut and lock any windows upon departure. Guests are asked to stay off of the grass and use the sidewalks.
Cleaning Up. Guests are expected to clean the facility used prior to departure. Cleaning supplies and a vacuum will be available. Rooms should be cleaned and returned to readiness. Trash should be consolidated and removed to the outside dumpster located in the Southeast corner of the parking lot.
Fees for Facility Use
- For members or active constituents, a fee of $500.00 that pays for wedding coordinator, sound system and custodian, ($150.00 deposit).
- For persons outside of Chapel Hill family, deposits are required to reserve any Chapel Hill facility and are due to the church office a minimum of 60 days prior to the event. Full payment is expected a week prior to the day of the event. Minimal rental is based on 4-hours on the Day of Wedding and 2 hours for rehearsal. Rooms included: Celebration Center, One Dressing Room for Bride and attendants, one room for Groom and attendants. Celebration Center (350 person capacity) $1,000 ($150.00 deposit) Price includes Wedding Coordinator, Audio/Visual, and Custodian. The clergy honorarium is not included.